Wednesday, May 12, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Viola in my rock garden.

My Honey Crisp tree is in it's 3rd season

Along with the flowers are fruit tree blossoms, this Honey Crisp tree is the last to blossom. I have had beautiful blossoms and scents from my Cherry, Pear, Plum and other Apple trees this spring. The showers and warm weather of April in Minnesota, did indeed bring May flowers, but the showers continued. My flower beds are yielding beautiful flowers and also a bounty of weeds that I need to tackle soon. The weather forecasters are saying sun and warmer temperatures for the weekend, I hope they are right.

Here it is - day two of my blog. Many thanks to my friend Linda and her computer whiz daughter for helping me with some of the "technical" issues. I have been talking about starting a blog for such a long time. My husband of 40 plus years recently passed away after a lengthy illness. I retired from my job almost 2 years ago to care for him, so now I find myself with time and the need to fill that time. I miss him. Many times during the day I start to tell him something only to catch myself and remember. I am comforted in the knowledge that he is free from pain and illness in heaven with our Heavenly Father. I'm sure there was quite a reunion when he arrived and was reunited with his Dad and Grandparents. I am sad for me, but have my faith, a wonderful family and many friends that fill my time.

I have so many interests that I hope to share with you through this blog and I want to hear about your interests as well. For all you gardeners, hope you are able to get out and dig in the dirt.

Please drop me a line and let me know about you. God's richest blessings on your day.

Gail

1 comment:

  1. Love your photos, Gail! Looks like you've got a good start on your blog - Jerry & I look forward to seeing your future posts.

    ReplyDelete